Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

What a week!  This was a great Thanksgiving that was shared with some amazing people.  I was able to fill all of my orders and keep things pretty relaxed this last week.  I was able to have Alex home all week for the holiday and we shared some good time together and Eric was thrilled that his brother was home all week.  Thanksgiving was spent at my parent's house.  There all the family gathered as well as some wonderful friends.  We enjoyed great food, great conversation, and tons of laughs and smiles.  I am super excited for the Christmas season to start. 

On Friday, James and I camped out at Target for "Black Friday".  Many people thought we were crazy, but it paid off.  We were pretty cold and then a wonderful friend and her daughter heard that we were waiting in line and brought us lots of warm blankets, REALLY warm coats and a chair.  I was so touched that she did that, it was pretty late.  Well, we went and came out successful!  We had been saving up for a new TV because ours had died and with the deal we were able to get, we got a really nice TV and had money left over.  After we got home we got some rest and then started decorating the house.  James only gets a few Saturdays off, so we took advantage of his Friday off and got lots of things done.  The tree is up, the lights are up, my nativities are set out, and I am super excited to start the Christmas festivities.  This is usually such a busy time of year, but I really hope to be able to focus on our family and on Christ.  I feel so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful friends and family that are always looking out for me and are there to lend a helping hand whenever possible.  So as I sit here humming Christmas carols I sign off, and until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment