Monday, November 22, 2010

A fun week and a relaxing weekend...

This last week was so much fun!  Monday was my birthday and we had a few friends over for cake and a game of Apples to Apples.  I was also able to go to League City on Monday to visit with my favoritest GiGi!  On Tuesday Alex had his very first "Picture Day" at school.  I am so excited to see how the pictures turned out.  On Wednesday we had a day...a day to get some chores done and to catch up on some things.  Thursday we all went to Alex's school so that we could watch his Thanksgiving Program and have a yummy lunch with him.  He was so stinkin' adorable as he sang his songs and wore his pilgrim outfit, even if he wasn't to thrilled with his "costume".  On Friday James took off half of the day so that we could get ready to go out of town.

Alex singing his Thanksgiving songs (he's in the yellow)

Alex in his Pilgrim Costume
 On Friday evening, we dropped the boys off and headed out to Cleveland, TX.  After a much too long drive (we got lost, no cell phone reception, middle of nowhere, and not satellite reception for Google Maps, you do the math) we made it to Artesian Lakes!  This place is amazing!  We stayed in a little one-room cabin on the lake!  The weather was beautiful and the scenery was to die for.  We enjoyed waking up to the sunrise and watching the world come to life from the front porch swing as we sipped hot chocolate.  On Saturday we enjoyed a carriage ride to breakfast and a yummy breakfast.  Afterwards we went horseback riding and lots of fishing!  I caught 3 fish!  One was BIG, but the snapping turtle ate it!  I was so mad at this turtle!  We had been buddies earlier as I fed him graham crackers, then he took advantage of my kindness and stole my fish and ate it!  After that i caught two small fish and threw them back.  We then enjoyed making smores and relaxing!  On Sunday we did a little more fishing before checkout.  James caught a small bass and I caught lots of trees and a nap :).  I loved our weekend, but was really missing the boys and couldn't wait to see them.  They greeted us with big hugs, kisses, and cuddles.  Sunday night we decided to have a little fire in our backyard so the boys could roast marshmallows too.  I love being home and snuggling with my boys!  I am sure this next week will be busy as I fill Thanksgiving orders and also do my own preparations for the weekend, but until next time...
At Artesian Lakes
The view from our porch swing

No comments:

Post a Comment