Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursdays-Talents

Today for my Thankful Thursday post I have to express my gratitude for the talents that my Heavenly Father has given me.  I have become a well rounded woman due to the talents that i have been blessed with and developed.  I am especially for the talent I have for baking and cake decorating.  Who would have thought that when I started taking my cake decorating classes I would be where I am today.  I started taking the classes to deal with post-partum depression after I had Alex.  These classes gave me a goal, independent of caring for my baby and also gave me a small break every week to socialize and to be constructive and accomplish something.  I find it amazing that I now run a small business out of my home and I am even exploring my options of opening a business with a friend.  I LOVE MAKING CAKES!  I love providing people with a delicious dessert that is made with love and I know they will enjoy and will bring a smile to their face.  I love that Heavenly Father blessed me and encouraged me through my training and has always been there to answer my prayers and helped me to continue to press forward, even when I am tired.  Talents are amazing.  They bless everyone, even those who do not possess them.  I love that I can enjoy my friend's talents, as well as my own, and I can watch my children develop their talents and grow into well rounded young men.  Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of my "thankful list".  I am excited for the next week and I am excited that I can spend Thanksgiving with my family.  Here is our "Thankful Tree" list...it is starting to really fill out...

Thursday: My Job (James)
Friday: Talents (Me)
Saturday: Flowers (Alex)
Sunday: Drink (Eric)
Monday: Health (James)
Tuesday: Friends (Me)
Wednesday: Animals (Alex)

"And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.  His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
(New Testament Matthew 25:20 - 21)



No comments:

Post a Comment