Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

I decided to start posting something I am grateful for every Thursday until Thanksgiving.  Who knows, maybe I will continue it after.  For family home evening this week we talked about gratitude and setup our "Thankful Tree".  I put this up every year and every evening we write what we are thankful for on a leaf and put it on the tree.  This year we are taking turns each night.  Night 1 Alex put that he is thankful for his toys.  Night 2 Eric put that he is thankful for hot dogs.  Night 3 James put that he is thankful for Alex and Eric.  Tonight is my night and I am going to have to put, the scriptures.  Today I am tremendously grateful for the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon.  Today we finished reading the Book of Mormon!  I can't believe we did it!  I have learned so much about myself, my children, the church, and especially Jesus Christ as I read the Book of Mormon aloud to the boys every morning.  I am excited to start again and see what I learn this time through.  When Alex asked what we are going to read now that we finished the Book of Mormon, I told him that we are going to read it again.  After a serious moment of thinking and waiting to see if I was kidding, he looked at me and said, "Well, you're in charge."  This kid cracks me up.  I hope someday he will look back and remember our scripture breakfasts and that he will develop a love for the word of God.

"Gratitude is deeper than thanks.  Thankfulness may consist merely of words.  Gratitude is shown in acts."
--President David O. McKay (Friend November 1975)

No comments:

Post a Comment