Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween and Other Fall Activities

WOW!  I was bad and didn't post anything last week!  Last week we had a bit of a chaotic week, but ended it with a quick trip to Dallas to celebrate James' great-uncle Hal's 90th birthday!  We had a great time and we were able to take the boys to the planetarium.  They had a great time and we enjoyed our mini getaway. 

Alex the Astronaut


Eric the Astronaut
This week was PACKED!  Not only did we have our regular activities and schedules, I had a HUGE cake order to fill, as well as lots of small orders.  I am so grateful for many friends that are willing to help out when I need it and also around to share laughs and tears with.  This last Thursday Alex had a little Fall Festival at his school.  He was so adorable with his classmates and they were all dressed up and had a great time.  I am grateful that I am able to be a Room Mom and help out and spend time at his school.  On Friday we dashed up to Waco to pick up my brother from college and then we dashed home to pick up the last cake order of the week and head to James' work.  James' work was having their grand opening/open house and it was lots of fun.  The boys were able to see what Daddy does all day as well as enjoy great food and great company.  On Saturday GiGi came up to Magnolia to celebrate her birthday.  For the last two years we have gone to the Pumpkin Patch together and this year was no different.  The boys have so much fun there and we always like to spend time together outside reminiscing and enjoying each other's company.  After dinner, GiGi had to head home and we headed to our ward's activity.  After lots of pizza, ice cream, and games we had our annual trunk-or-treat.  The boys had a great time and we have come to realize that Eric LOVES candy and will do almost anything to get some. 
Toddler Story time

Alex and Eric showing off their craft

Alex's Class


Alex

Eric

Such handsome boys!
Today we had a nice time at church and in our classes.  The Primary is preparing for their program and they are getting better and better every time.  I am so excited for them and I am honored to be their chorister.  After church we headed to James' parents to celebrate his mom's birthday and Halloween.  I have such great in-laws and I feel so blessed to have them in my life.  I have been able to do a lot of thinking about gratitude and I think that for the month of November I am going to have 'Thankful Thursdays" in my blog...we will see if I can keep up and if I can keep it brief...I have SO much to be grateful for.  This week so far doesn't seem too chaotic yet, but I guess we will see.  So, until next week...
Alex's and James' Pumpkins

No comments:

Post a Comment