Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Wednesday Post

Well, my blog post ended up being on Wednesday this week because I FINALLY have high speed Internet!  I couldn't handle "losing" my blog post every time I tried to post it, so I waited until the Satellite Guy came to install our Internet.  Our week was pretty standard last week as we went shopping, school, and story time, and all that jazz.  Some things were a bit different though.  My final cake class was postponed...a little frustrating!  We were able to visit with friends and celebrate a birthday...Alex always is up for birthday cake!  Saturday and Sunday were General Conference!  I love having the opportunity to listen to our prophets and being able to be taught through modern day revelation and being reminded of who I am personally and who I stand for.  I did miss Saturday morning due to a doctor's appointment, but unfortunately I had to go to the doctor. 

I have been having some health issues that have been hard for me to deal with, but I am working through it.  I find it interesting that it is not just the illnesses, but also the emotional ties that go with my health.  I am waiting for lab results...waiting...and waiting!  I pray that one day my body will decide to behave itself and just do what it is supposed to do.  Fortunately, the Magnesium and Aleve is helping with the pain, but the Magnesium wreaks havoc on my tummy.  I am hoping that when my lab results come in that the doctor will look at them and say, "Oh, here is the problem, and here is the simple solution."  I doubt that will happen, but I can hope.  Until then, I will continue to endure the pain and itching and the need to stay a general temperature so as to not be too cold, or too hot, and of course the ever pleasant...keeping away from water. 

This entry has been a bit scattered, but lately that is how my brain has been working.  One day it will either get it together, or it will explode...either away the results will be amazing!  I am ever grateful for my boys and that Alex seems to know when I need a hug, and when to quit arguing with Eric so that I can cope with what's going on.  I am grateful that James has been and always is my rock.  He has always been there to listen and to offer me encouragement and blessings.  I am, especially grateful that he cleaned the bathrooms for me this past weekend.  I was actually having nightmares about having to clean the bathrooms and the pain that would ensue from working with water and possible sweating.  He then stepped in, and without being asked, cleaned the bathrooms top to bottom for me.  I am so blessed and I must remember to count my blessings and not my woes. 

Well, I guess that's it for now, but I will post again on Sunday.  Oh, and here are some absolutely adorable pictures that my mother-in-law took on Sunday of the boys!  Enjoy!
Alex
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment