Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Veggin' Out!



Sorry for the late blog post, but after the Scout Fireside last night I passed out!  I think this week has been a bit exhausting.  The week started as any other week pretty much.  I went and did my grocery shopping and some other cleaning and stuff.  Tuesday Alex went to school and Eric went to Tumbling Class.  When I picked up Alex from school I was informed that a kid had pushed him and really hurt his feelings.  When the teacher confronted the kid, he said that Alex had pushed him first.  The teacher knew that this was not true, but when Alex heard what the kid had said he looked up at her with tears rolling down his cheeks and said, "I didn't push him, I'm a sweet boy."  Well, his teacher's heart just melted and he was given a big hug.  Alex has such a tender heart at times.  That night, we went to dinner with my parents and ate at Las Fuentes.  On Wednesday we went to story time as we always do and the boys had a blast!  We talked about frogs at Eric's story time and Peanut Butter and Jelly at Alex's.  We also checked out some CDs by the Veggie Tales to prepare us for the fun times we were going to have on Saturday.  After the library I went to the doctor to talk to her about my thyroid and some other issues I have been having, I am still waiting on lab results.  On Thursday Alex went to school and had another great day.  When I picked him up, there was a "Good Manners Report" in his backpack!  I am so proud of my big boy.  While Alex was at school, Eric and I made a trip to Conroe and delivered cake balls and cheesecakes to James' work.  Those men really keep me n business with all of their orders!  That night I went to my cake class, but I was exhausted!  I had really contemplated calling Stacie and asking her to take some notes for me and I would call her later for the details, but I went and was glad I did.  I am so grateful to have friends that I can chit-chat with about anything and that we can share in each other's joys and trials.  After talking for just a few minutes I felt lighter hearted and not quite as exhausted. 
Friday took us down to GiGi's house!  We love going to visit and we wish we could go more often.  Eric spent a lot of time cuddling with GiGi.  There is a baby visiting in GiGi's home and my boys got to see what a REALLY tiny baby looks like.  Eric was curious, but not that interested.  Alex wanted to hold the baby, and love the baby, and check his toes and his hair, and pretty much anything he could.  Then I was informed that we needed a baby for our house...I wish it was that easy.  Then, before we left the glorious League City, we went to visit Julie (my favorite hair dresser) and all got haircuts.  With stunning new "do's" we headed back to Magnolia to prepare for date night.  The boys went to play at a friend's house while James and I went on a date...yes, a real date.  We met up for dinner at Outback steak house.  We were so excited because we found a gift card that we forgot we had, so it was like finding $25 in an old coat!  We went and really had a terrible time!  The food was down-right GROSS!  I was shocked, I used to love their food, but I guess they were having a bad night as there were lots of complaints.  The good thing is that our server was very attentive and sweet to us.  I was really irritated that the manager got upset with her, when our negative comments were not about her and we even made sure that we mentioned how great she had been.  Finally, one of our meals was removed from our bill and we left with upset tummies and a bit of disappointment.  As we were leaving the hostess decided to get a bit of an attitude with James and after I informed her that she was talking about my husband (I left behind James) she turned red and said, "Whatever!"  I called Outback later and informed them that they should be embarrassed by the food and by the behavior of their hostess.  Well, since dinner was a downer, we went and played black-light mini golf.  We had a ton of fun and we were able to end the night on a positive note.  After picking up our boys we went to bed because Saturday was filled with tons of fun!

Saturday we started our day with the trip to Lowes to build firetrucks and to get to see a real firetrucks.  Well, the ones we were supposed to build were recalled, so that didn't work, but the boys got to look at the firetrucks and check out all the fun equipment. 


Then, we went to Chick-fil-A to play and run off all of our pent up energy.  For the first time in I don't know how long, we all came home and took a nap!  We all slept for TWO HOURS!  The sleep was much needed for all of us and definitely helped us not be so cranky.  We then got ready to go see the Veggie Tales, but first we went to look at a house.  The house was one that we had looked at for a while and it really gave us a taste of what is on the market and what e really want and don't want in a house.  After the walk-through we drove to Sugarland for the concert.  Veggie Tales was AMAZING!  The boys got cute little hats and we all sang and danced to our favorite songs.  I have loved the Veggie Tales since Middle School and I love that my boys love them too.  We really enjoyed watching the boys sing and dance.  Eric has quite some moves!  I cannot express how much fun we had and the memories that we will keep with us forever. 

My silly boys in their silly hats!

Veggie Tales Live!

James had to wear the Bob the Tomato hat!
Sunday was pretty normal as we went to church and our classes and normal.  I am so excited and a bit stressed about our upcoming Primary Program.  The kids are doing so well and working so hard!  I am amazed at their abilities and the personality they bring to our Primary.  After church we went home to prepare for the fireside.  After baking breads and other goodies, we loaded things up an went back to church for the 11 year old scout fireside that James was holding.  After the fireside I guess my body finally decided that it had done enough and I fell asleep on the couch and was not able to be woken up at all!  I think at times I internalize my stress instead of letting it out and then my body becomes very tired and starts having problems and creates pain and eczema to try and relieve the stress.  I think I am going to try some meditation and positive thinking to ease some of my stress and anxiety. 
All in all, this week has been amazing!  We were able to spend time together as a family and still accomplished most of what we needed to.  I am very grateful that I have the gospel in my life.  I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to g through life without a knowledge of who you are or even to go through life without a purpose or a goal.  I pray that I remember to keep a grateful heart and to remember that no matter what kind of day I am having, Heavenly Father loves me and He wants me to succeed.  It may sound a bit cheesy, but this is the Veggie Tales song that has been going through my mind all week, and at times I think that it has kept me going.  So enjoy, and until next week...

My Day
In my bed I start to pray
And tell God all about my day

I woke up in my little bed
And put my hat upon my head
Cleaned my room and cleared my dishes
Told mom breakfast was delicious

I went to school, learned something new
And tried to follow every rule
I studied my vocabulary
Had some fun with Bob and Larry

And so it's good to know
How much you love me…it's true
The bible says you do
You really love me
Your love was with me all throughout my day

I some how over looked my bed
Seems my dog is underfed
Forgot to change my underclothes
Watched one to many T.V. shows

I had some trouble sharing toys
and during rest time, made some noise
Walls are not for coloring
Sometimes I'm off key when I sing

And so it's really good to know
How much you love me…it's true
The bible says you do
You really love me
Your love was with me all throughout my day

In my bed so quietly
I rest in knowing God Loves Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment