Sunday, September 19, 2010

Just Another Week...Or Was It?

Here I sit, and I am trying to reflect back on the week and can't really think of anything fun and exciting to write about.  The week seems to just go and go until I hit Sunday and wonder what I have done all week.  The highlights that I can recall start with Monday.  Monday involved going to lunch with some friends to celebrate a birthday!  I love getting together with the girls and letting the kids play.  On Tuesday Alex went to school, Eric went to Tumbling and that evening I went to Bunco.  I love Bunco night!  There is nothing better than sharing good food, laughs, and no kids!  James was able to hang out with a friend as they watched all the kids!  I have some amazing friends and I wouldn't trade them for anything.  Wednesday we went to the library and talked like pirates!  The librarians are amazing and they are so creative.  We checked out a CD from the library that is the VeggieTales "Silly Songs with Larry".  We love VeggieTales in our house! 

Thursday morning Alex told me his throat was a little sore, but after breakfast he seemed to be okay.  While Alex was at school, Eric and I had lunch with James and did a little shopping for my cake class.  When I returned to Alex's school his teacher told me that he had been really tired all day and wouldn't eat much.  My poor Alex was feeling "really tired".  I took him home and prepared for my cake class.  Our wonderful babysitter came over and watched my rug rats as I went to Hobby Lobby for class.  By the time I got out, James had come home and relieved our babysitter.  Alex was SICK.  He had a fever and looked HORRIBLE!  Obviously, Friday morning we went to the doctor's office to see what Alex had caught now.

Now, as some people know, I am a bit of an outspoken person when I need to be, and this was a day that I needed to be.  My patience was running out as I sat in the waiting room for over and hour waiting and waiting and watching people who had gotten there after me go in...we won't even go into THAT issue.  When I finally was called to the receptionist desk to make my co payment, and ambulance pulled up and they were picking up a young lady to take to the hospital.  This was an emergency and the lights and sirens were on as the ambulance parked in line with the door to the office.  Then, a woman bursts into the waiting room and starts swearing and throwing out gruesome profanities as she is ticked off that the ambulance is "blocking her in".  Well, since my fuse was already a bit short, I lost it and loudly informed the woman that she should refrain from using such colorful language in a PEDIATRIC office, especially around MY children, and that it is obviously an emergency and that someone else had to be more important right then.  I could not believe the audacity of this woman!  I was fuming!  The woman stormed out, yelled at her daughter, got in her car, and waited!  Nobody said a word to me, but the receptionist was a bit shocked that I raised my voice at this woman...I'm sorry, but someone had to do it. 

Finally, we are seen by the PA.  My poor Alex has now developed a lovely rash all over his pale body and looks like something the cat brought in.  The doctor confirms that he has strep throat that has gone systemic and scarlatina.  Poor Alex can never just catch a cold.  When he is sick he goes all out.  Then after the PA left to write his prescription, a med student and a doctor come into the exam room.  They inform me of who they are and ask if they can look at Alex's throat.  I see no problem in this, but warn them that because his throat hurts, his gag reflex is really sensitive.  Well, that student decided she could handle it and shoved that popsicle stick in his mouth and looked.  Alex then coughed in her face (not intentionally of course).  The student flipped out!  She ran to the sink and stared flushing her eyes as if hydrochloric acid was in them!  She even used soap!  The doctor was trying to help her when I just looked at them and said, "You shouldn't become a pediatrician if you are a germaphobe!"  The doctor tried not to laugh as I just stood there and the student was still splashing water all over the place.  I wonder if she will rethink her studies?

Well, since Alex is sick, I skipped the Home and Garden Market that I had won tickets to and stayed home cuddling my boys and doing LOTS of laundry.  When James came home on Saturday afternoon, we played games and watched movies.  I think I really liked having "nothing to do".  Sunday came and is now almost gone.  Eric and I went to Church and we left James and Alex at home.  I introduced the Junior Primary to "Freddy the Singing Frog" and they loved him.  I think that he will have to come back because I don't think that they have ever sounded as beautiful.  Eric went to Nursery without a hitch and had to sing "Jesus Wants Me for a Cow"...maybe one day he will sing it right.  After we came home, James had made dinner, my favorite, spaghetti.  Later we took a drive to look at some neighborhoods and homes.  I love discussing what our goals are and seeing that we have differences, but together we complement each other's strengths and abilities.  I am so blessed to have an amazing husband who would go to the ends of the earth for me.  I love being his wife and looking towards eternity together.

Next week will bring new adventures and some of the same ones we have every week.  I pray that Alex will feel better and be able to go back to school and that his rash goes away.  We have tickets to go see VeggieTales Live and I think I am more excited than the kids!  I know that no matter what happens this week, my Heavenly Father is with me and that He loves me and wants me to do my very best, and He will pick up the rest.  Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment