Monday, September 13, 2010

Emotions

This has been another week packed with being busy, new experiences, and alot of the regular stuff that has become routine for us.  Monday was Labor Day and GiGi was here.  While James took Alex fishing for the first time, GiGi, Eric and I went shopping.  James and Alex had alot of fun!  They caught two fish and a turtle.  Alex was very proud of his catches and learning to cast his line and being a big boy with Daddy.  Then they had a bit of drama.  They had tossed back one of the fish and the turtle, alex insisted on keeping one of the fish.  Without realizing that Alex didn't quite understand the whole fishing experience, James proceeded to "prepare the fish" to take home.  Alex FLIPPED OUT!  All Alex could say to James was, "You killed that poor little fish!"  Poor James was heartbroken and sure he had traumatized Alex fr life.  After a little talk and an ice cream Alex started to understand why we fish and that the fish was not for his fish tank.  Then, with sad eyes he asked Daddy if they could get a new fish for his aquarium, and of course, they did.  As a family we shared a yummy lunch and kissed GiGi goodbye.  The weekend ended on a very high note.
Alex's Fish

Tuesday was Alex's first day of school!  He was so excited.  He had his backpack on and was ready about an hour before it was time to go.  I took some pictures of Alex and then Eric lost it completely.  Eric did not want "his Alex" to go to school without him.  I dealt with a wailing and screaming Eric for almost an hour!  Then Eric and I went to Tumbling Class and he seemed to forget for a little while that his Alex wasn't there.  When we picked up Alex, he was all smiles.  He loves school and he really enjoyed telling me about all the fun things they did.  That evening we went to Las Fuentes to celebrate me surviving my 46 day diet and Alex's first day of school.
Alex ready for Preschool
Eric NOT ready for Alex to go to school

Wednesday was the typical day.  We went to story time at the library and then James had scouts that night, so it was just me and the boys.  Wednesday was a bit difficult for me because sadly we had another miscarriage.  We had really thought and hoped that this pregnancy would stick, but I guess it is just not time yet.  ..."the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.(Old Testament Job 1:21)"

Thursday Alex went back to school.  He was still all smiles, but told that he had to practice keeping his pencil box quiet.  We then went home and did some cleaning.  That evening I went to make cake class and the boys favorite babysitter came over. I am taking a fondant and gum paste class to brush up on my skills.  I think its gonna be alot of fun and I have a friend taking it too, so even better.  When I got home Alex went on and on about how much he LOVED his babysitter and that she is SO COOL!  I am grateful to live in a ward where we have such upstanding youth that I trust completely with my boys. 

Friday we decided to go to Conroe and have lunch with Daddy.  We went to one of our favorite places and spent a good hour together.  That evening James went camping with the scouts in Montgomery.  We sure did miss him.  Alex then decided that I needed to have some "guy talk" with him because Daddy wasn't there.  This is the conversation we had...
Alex: "so mommy, everything poops."

Me: "yup, that's right, if it eats, it poops."
Alex: "so where does it come from?"
Me: "ummm your hiney?"
Alex: "well duh!" "I mean, what is poop?"
Me: "well, its food that our body doesn't use, its the leftovers of what we eat." (I felt pretty satisfied with that answer)
Alex: "oh, ok."..."I AM POOP!"
Me: "WHAT! Where did you get that from? You're not food."
Alex: "Well, if an alligator eats me, then I will become poop."

Saturday and Sunday were pretty normal.  The boys and I went to a Lowes workshop and built dog leash holders.
Dog Leash holders.  One for Mason and one for Moroni!

Look what we made!
 James came home that afternoon and we spent time watching movies and just spending time together as a family.  Church was pretty typical, and we all were in our own classes and did our own things.  We went driving after Church and looked at some neighborhoods and dreamed of houses that we would love to live in.  Now as I sit here and update James and the boys are building towers with blocks, the dogs are eating, and there is a low rumble of thunder outside.  I am so blessed and i feel Heavenly Father's love for me every single day.  I feel it as I smile and as I cry.  I try to remember Him in all that I do and I try to stay focused on what is important and not get too wrapped up in the world.  I am hoping that even though this week will be busy and filled with lots of different things, that I can remember to slow down and enjoy the little moments I have.  As I have reflected on 9/11 and also on Hurricane Ike, I have tried to remember to count my blessings and to help those around me, and to teach my children to be grateful and upstanding boys that will grow to become righteous men and fathers.  I love our country and I love that I am able to think for myself and that the Lord has blessed me with a mind and an intellect so that i can develop my talents and knowledge.  Whew, that was a little deep...well, until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment