Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tumbles, Teachers, and Tons of Baking!

This has been quite a busy week this week.  I started my week with babysitting rather than grocery shopping.  Alex and Eric love going to their friend's house and playing.  Eric loves playing dress up and being a "princess"...I will worry about it if he gets older and still likes to dress like a princess.  That evening I went shopping later that night and I was amazed that I got everything done in under an hour...what a difference it makes without kids in tow. 

Tuesday is Tumbling day for Eric.  This kid is NUTS!  He loves to run and jump and play!  At one point he had his instructor laughing hysterically!  The kids were supposed to practice front rolls on a cylindrical mat.  Eric took a running start and dove onto the mat!  The mat rolled forward and he held on tight and rolled all around the room attached to that mat!  He finally let go and landed on his back and just laughed and laughed!  He loves having a place where he gets to do whatever he wants and is safe.  Eric is always full of smiles and energy, he is such an active spirit.

Wednesday we went back to the library and spent half the day there playing, reading, and spending time together.  Thursday was the day that Alex was able to go to his school and meet his teacher!  He was so excited and walked n like he owned the place.  He can't wait to start school on Tuesday and play with his friends.  I am excited for him, and for the time that I can spend with Eric while Alex is gone for a few hours.

Friday was VERY busy!  I attended and a birthday bruncheon and was able to enjoy some girl talk while the kids played.  I love all my friends and how much fun we have together.  After the brunch, I headed to Conroe to make some deliveries.  I had been baking all week!  I had five orders of cake ball and three cheesecakes to deliver to James' work!  After my delivery, we went to lunch as a family and enjoyed a yummy meal.  Then we headed home and did some scrubbing for the weekend.

Saturday GiGi came and we went to a BBQ.  The BBQ was hosted by a good friend of ours and he is also a business associate of James'.  We shared good food, good times, and some pretty good weather.  The humidity has been fairly low and you can actually be outside without melting instantly.  We then came home and rested and shared a yummy homemade fish dinner.  I prepared some yummy pan broiled Swaii and veggies.  GiGi and I then were able to sit and talk and laugh.  Alex and Eric really had us laughing with their dancing and animal impressions.  I love spending time with my family.

Today we went to Church and then went to my parent's home for dinner.  Dinner was delicious and the company was great.  The boys love to see their Bopper and Papa and to play at their new home.  I enjoy having y parents close by for support.  Now, I sit here updating my blog as James and Alex are preparing for their little fishing trip in the morning and GiGi is still here and we are making plans for the day.  I definitely will be doing my grocery shopping, as well as a few other stores that we only have up here in Magnolia and Conroe, as well as preparing a yummy lunch before GiGi leaves.  All in all, it has been a pretty good week.  This week has been very busy, and at times stressful, but I can look back, sigh a contented sigh, and smile.  This week is sure to bring lots of excitement as Alex starts school and I start my newest cake class.  Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment