Monday, August 30, 2010

Schedules

I was bad!  I should have posted yesterday, but after getting home from my in-law's house, I fell asleep.  This has been quite a week for our little family.  We have done so much and really feel like we are constantly busy, but I think busy is okay, as long as it doesn't become too much.  Our weeks start out bright and early Monday morning.  Monday is always grocery shopping day, and anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to grocery shop!  I get such a feeling of accomplishment that it gives me my confidence boost for the week (I know weird, huh?).  That's exactly what this Monday was like.  I went shopping.  I was so pleased though as I went to CVS this week.  They were currently out of an item that I figured they would be and then I became frustrated as I talked to a manager about an item, that was supposed the be on sale.  This item was very specific, and as I went down the aisle, they had every other form of the product except that specific one!  When I asked the manager, he kinda shrugged me off and said that they didn't carry it...whatever!  I gathered my other items and went to checkout.  Poor kid that was working the register!  When he asked, "Did you find everything you were looking for?"  I answered with an exasperated, "No!"  then proceeded to tell this poor boy how frustrated I was.  Then he simply asked me to please wait a moment and he picked up the phone and dialed another store.  He explained my situation and asked them to hold the two products I was looking for!  I couldn't believe it!  The MANAGER wouldn't help me, but this teenager was determined to help me out!  Needless to say, I called CVS on the corporate level and complimented him and his wonderful customer service!

Tuesday was such an awesome day!  Eric had his very first tumbling class!  Even though he was a bit upset that Alex wasn't coming with us, he loved it!  The class is a Mommy-and-Me class and allows the kids to play and jump in a safe environment and teach them some coordination and skills at the same time.  I loved it and so did he!  He keeps asking me if he can go to "Tumbing!"  Alex was able to go play with a friend while we went.  The good things is that when Alex starts school, he will be at school when we are at tumbling.  Poor Alex was bitten by three ants while he was playing.  When he gets a bite it reminds me of how allergic he is!  Those little bites swelled up into a huge purple mass on his foot that took five days to return to normal.  The poor guy was having a hard time with his shoe.

Wednesday is story time day at the library.  Amazingly, the kids were better this week and I was ready to pull my hair out!  Alex's story time was a blast!  We talked about odd animals and of course...the platypus.  Anyone who knows my kids, knows that they love the platypus.  We sang songs and made a paper bag platypus.  The whole thing was a blast!

Thursday we went to see the dinosaur exhibit at the Houston Zoo.  I cannot explain how awesome this was.  Dinosaurs are a hot topic in our home and actually getting to see some was beyond cool!  We had a lot of fun seeing all the animals and playing.  We went through the dinosaur exhibit three times before I finally said that it was time to go home.  Alex was able to see how big the dinosaurs really were and Eric, was a bit scared of them and much rather just play with the toy ones.  We had lots of fun and enjoyed the time together. 

Friday was the day that we took Uncle James home to Waco.  My boys LOVE their "Unc Games" as Eric says and they love spending time with him.  The drive o and from Waco is LONG, but my boys handle it pretty well and I didn't even get lost this time!

Saturday was great as I took the boys to Lowe's to build their school buses.  We go to Lowe's regularly for their activities, but this school bus was stinking tough!  After I had been whacked by a hammer hard enough to draw blood (lots of it), we asked to helper if we could have another kit to take home and do right.  I messed it up in the beginning, but didn't notice until the end.  After we got home, we built the school buses and bandaged my finger.  The boys friend came over to play for the afternoon.  Usually when they get together there is at least one argument, but I guess since they hadn't seen each other in a while, there was peace, even after Alex got a shovelful of dirt in the mouth!  That evening the boys went to Grandma and Grandpa's house so that James and I could go to the temple.  We went and apparently once a month they have a session in Mandarin Chinese!  So with our little headsets on we went through the session with some friends.  Afterwards we were treated to dinner at Perry's (very fancy schmancy for us!).  The food was great and the company was even greater.  We had a blast. 

Sunday was pretty typical.  We went to church, and then we proceeded to our classes.  I missed my Primary kids and they had tons of fun.  Eric went to Nursery without too much trouble and Alex went to Sunbeams and only had to be told to be have once.  I guess that is somewhat of a disadvantage to have your mom teach singing time in Primary, because I see everything!  I was so happy to see my friends, I felt like it had been forever since I had seen them, but it had only been two weeks!  after church, we went to the in-law's for dinner and a movie.  The boys love Grandma and Grandpa so much!  We got home late and I clipped coupons, then passed out!

Now, I know I just gave the rundown of a very busy week, and maybe you are wondering why the title is schedules.  Through this whole week we have been working to get the boys on a schedule, specifically for Alex so that he will be ready to start school.  We have a night time routine and a strict bedtime.  We have also started chorew charts (this was Alex's idea) and learning time.  With all of these things starting, this week went great.  The boys behaved better, I wasn't as stressed, and I feel a sense of accomplishment.  We are not perfect at it and we definitely flubbed up some things, but we are working on it together as a family.  I feel like we are now "of one mind and one purpose."  I love my life!  I love being a momy and a wife and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  I am finally starting to feel a bit more comforatable in my own skin and I thank my Heavenly Father for reminding me of who I am and what I stand for.  This next week looks like it is gonna be a busy one, so until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment