Sunday, August 8, 2010

My little children sing and they talk...and talk, and talk, and talk!

Another week has passed and the things that stick out most in my mind are things that my children (especially Alex) say every day.  Today, Alex gave his first talk in Primary.  He is getting so big!  He was so excited this whole week.  Together we wrote his talk, practiced, practiced, and practiced.  He was ready to stand behind the podium the moment we walked into the Primary room, but he had to wait until the very end, which to a four year old is an eternity.  He did such a good job.  I decided that today I would post some famous Alex quotes...

"Mary had a little lamb, and Jesus Christ is snow."

"I like green, because green means go.  Eric likes red and that means stop, which is what I want him to do because he is BUGGING ME!"

When the hairdresser asked Alex if he likes race cars he replied, "Well that's why I get my haircut here and not at the other place with the football stuff, DUH!"  (we had to have a discussion about respect after this one)

"I think having only one birthday a year is not enough, that's why I should get presents at your birthday too."

"MOM, Eric is being a turkey pot pie!"

And finally, when I asked him why he talks so much he answered, "Because Heavenly Father told me I need to talk a lot."

I do love my Alex so much and our lives would be so dull without him.  I think about him starting Preschool this year and hope he doesn't drive his teacher up the wall too much, but it will be nice for him to have another person to talk to for a few hours a week.  My parents always tell me that the house became alot quieter when I moved out, so I guess he comes by it honestly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment