Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tons of Fun and Tons of Sun

This has been a CRAZY but fun week!  My week was filled with a lot of the normal stuff, but lots of fun things too.  I started my week pretty normal...grocery shopping, laundry, etc.  I had the opportunity to babysit some really great kids on Wednesday.  I love these girls and baby boy!  They always keep me laughing and on my toes.  I must admit that when the day was done I was so grateful that I don't regularly care for five children under the age of five.  Later in the week I spent a lot of time in the kitchen baking.  My newly offered cake balls have become a huge hit with friends and James' coworkers!  I love preparing yummy treats for friends and family and seeing that something I made can make them happy and feel good.  I find it all so gratifying.  We did have an opportunity to go to story time at the library this week.  I had not gone because the last time I went, Eric tore through the children's section like a little tornado and I didn't have the guts or the energy to try it again on my own.  However, I got brave and we went on Wednesday for toddler time and then preschool time.  Eric really seemed to enjoy toddler time and Alex didn't think it was too babyish.  We then took a break and checked out nine books!  I love that my kids love books.  Then we went to preschool story time.  Eric lasted through most of it and Alex was a bit bored.  I hope once school starts up the kids will be less restless and maybe there won't be as many.  They really seemed to enjoy themselves and both of them took good naps afterwards.

Eric has been nothing but full of mischief lately!  He is into everything.  Heavenly Father definitely knew what he was doing by giving us Eric second!  Had we had Eric first, I don't think my kids would be so close together in age.  And now I wonder if that is why we haven't been able to have another child is because Heavenly Father knew that Eric would be my totally typical, but crazy two year old.  I do love his little mischievous grin and that little twinkle he gets in his eyes.  This week he dumped an entire container of fish food into the fish tank in the amount of time it took me to go to the bathroom!  Poor Golfie, he didn't know what to do with all that food.  Of course, Moroni wanted to help by licking all the fish food that didn't make it into the tank (YUCK!).  Alex is super excited about school starting and asks me every single day, "How many days until school?"  The countdown is now to 16 days!  We decided to enroll Eric in Tumbling classes once a week while Alex is in school so maybe he can channel his craziness into something constructive and takes place in a padded room! 

This weekend we have been able o enjoy some good times in League City with GiGi.  On Friday we went to Bayou Wildlife Park and had a BLAST!  Alex loves animals so much!  Eric was a bit hesitant about those BIG animals, but he did enjoy himself and loved playing in the puddles after we got caught in the rain.  The boys were able to feed the animals and see some animals they had never seen before.  I loved going to this park when I was little and the last time I had visited, I was pregnant with Alex.  I was glad they enjoyed it so much.

On Saturday, Our family and Aunt Elissa went to the beach!  I had been feeling so guilty that the boys had never even seen the beach and we don't even live that far from it.  We rode the ferry over to Bolivar and played in the sand and waves for hours!  We had so much fun!  Eric was a little scared of the water and then by the time we left we were fighting to keep him out of it!  Alex loved finding shells and jumping in the waves.  We even found a little hermit crab!  We all got some sun!  The boys are only burned in a few spots that we missed with the sunblock but the rest of us are CRISPY!  I even put on sunblock!  I am sore today, hopefully tomorrow most of the sting will be gone.
Later on Saturday evening James and I dashed around to find some Church clothes.  He had forgotten our church clothes at home and we needed something to wear!  I found an adorable dress and James found a nice outfit.  With coupons, clearance racks, and sales we did pretty darn good.  That evening James and I went to one of my best friends wedding reception.  Congratulations to Stephen and Leslie!   They are such a sweet couple!  I enjoyed visiting with friends and sharing laughs and stories. 

Church came WAY to early this morning!  I can't believe they start at 8:30 here!  We all went sleepily to church.  Alex loved Sunbeams, Eric went through half of nursery and then started fussing.  James and I attended Gospel Doctrine that GiGi teaches.  I must admit that some of the stories of Job make me chuckle.  Some of it seems so far fetched and I feel bad for the guy.  I actually got to go to Relief Society!  Eric fell asleep in GiGi's lap and we enjoyed a wonderful lesson.  Now it is time to start packing things up and prepare to go home.  I wonder what next week will bring...

No comments:

Post a Comment