Sunday, October 10, 2010

Another week and the frog story

Well things are back to normal, well as normal as we can be...The week was filled with interesting events and lots of laughs, love, and memories.  Monday was spent shopping and getting blood work done.  While at the doctor's office I was sure my arm would shrivel up from the amount of blood they had to take...but it didn't.  That evening we went for ice cream as a family because it is a tradition that if anyone in the family has to be poked by a needle, we all get ice cream.

Playing after we got ice cream

Wednesday came the Internet Guy!  Now we have high speed Internet!  On Thursday it was a constant go-go-go day!  I started out dropping Eric at a sitter, then taking Alex to school.  After Alex was situated I went to the "Room-Mom" meeting.  After the meeting I went to our local resale shop and got ripped off!  Then I went to the doctor for my "woman visit" and for an unexpected ultrasound.  Then I went back to pick up Eric, went to my mom's house to let the dogs out.  Then we went to pickup Alex, car wash, then to a meeting for a committee I am on at Church.  After the meeting, we played at the park for a little bit and chatted with friends, then home to have a play date, then make dinner and bed!  I am tired just remembering that day.  Friday morning was beautiful as we headed to the park to play.  That morning I received lots of news.  First from the doctor's office that said that all my blood work came back fairly normal (this sounds good, but it is a bit frustrating because we can't figure out what's going on), then from my OB/GYN saying they found a cyst.  Well, what a day...and it was only 11:30!  I then spent the rest of the day at home until James came home and we went to dinner and perused the mall.  James then packed his things and went on a scout camp out early Saturday morning.  After he left we went to Lowes to make a "fun house mirror", then to a Scentsy Party.  We made it home by 3:00 and were tired.  After a brief nap we trudged on to the grocery store for some awesome deals :). 

Alex liked making silly faces in his mirror
The boys showing off their fun house mirrors
 Now, one thing I left out about Saturday...the frog.  It started when I was putting laundry away and I noticed a little frog perched over a door in our hallway.  I am NOT a frog person...especially when said frog is above my head and could possible jump down at any time.  Since James was gone I called my mom.  After being teased about "the scary frog" my parents came to get rid of the frog.  The story should end there, but it doesn't.  When my parents arrived...the frog disappeared!  As you may imagine, this only increased the teasing and silly comments.  Well, after about thirty minutes of looking, they decided that the frog was gone and they left.  Well, that brings me to Sunday morning when I go to get the boys ready for church.  Mr. Frog was hiding in the basket of the boys tub toys and decided to go for a dip when I started to fill the tub for the boy's bath.  After Alex leaped out of the tub screaming like a girl and I am trying to muster up the courage to catch the slimy little goober, I grab a piece of Tupperware and catch the frog.  Well, we tried to free him, but he wouldn't leave!  I finally just left the container outside because he wouldn't leave no matter how far I tipped the container or tapped on it!  So, that's the frog story.
Where the frog started
He was a little cute
After I caught him


Well, Sunday was church without James.  This is never a good thing because Eric is not a fan of Daddy being gone, so he wouldn't stay in Nursery and this made things a bit difficult as I tried to teach the kids.  After church we went to my parents home for dinner and a movie and James was there!  I missed him so much and we were all so happy to see him.  Now we are home and getting ready for bed, Daddy is reading a book and the boys are in their pajamas and cuddled up with the blankies.  This has been quite a week, but I look forward to next week and I have some goals for myself.  My main goal is to stress less.  I may not know why I am feeling the way I am or why I am sick and have the symptoms I do, but I know that stress makes it worse and that I could really use less stress, or better stress management in my life.  I am very blessed to have a wonderful husband and two amazing little boys.  Alex has been amazing this last week.  He has always seemed to know when I need a hug, and he has been super helpful around the house and with Eric.  Alex has a special spirit and I am definitely blessed to be his mommy.  My heart is full and my eyes are tired, so until next week...




No comments:

Post a Comment