Sunday, October 17, 2010

A week full of busy

This week has been filled with emotion, busy-ness, and some fun too.  Monday morning was a bit rocky as I had a bit of a look at myself and realized that I am not sure what makes me happy.  I know, what happy is and I know when I feel it, but I don't know what I like to do on my own that makes me happy.  I am always doing what other people want to do and always looking for their best interest and happiness, that I have lost myself.  I have always figured that thinking of myself first was selfish, but I am starting to realize that I cannot be myself and give myself to others if I don't know who I am...I think that makes sense, well it does in my head.  Anyway, after a very emotional morning, I was able to salvage my day by having lunch with my mom and going to Sam Moon.  I LOVE that store and I was able to get some fun accessories for my BUNCO Halloween costume and a new wallet.  Tuesday was our BUNCO Halloween get-together and we had so much fun!  Most of us dressed up and shared treats and laughs.  I was able to laugh until I cried and visit with women I love and forget all my issues for a couple of hours, it goes without saying but, I LOVE BUNCO! 

Me as "The BUNCO Queen"

My Cake Ball "Spooky Sampler" I am offering for the month of October
Wednesday we skipped story time and went to GiGi's house to visit.  These midday visits are too short, but still so much fun.  I am so excited for the 30th to celebrate GiGi's birthday and to go to the Pumpkin Patch, it has become a tradition.  Thursday i ran around like a chicken with my head cut off as I juggled babysitting kids, Alex's school, and shopping...I survived, and that's what matters.  Friday I went to a baby shower for two lovely ladies!  I wasn't feeling very well, but I enjoyed seeing my friends and celebrating new life coming into the world.  That evening Alex had his first little sleep over!  His friend's mom needed to tend to a family emergency, so we picked Alex's friend up from school and he slept over.  The boys had fun and even though there were times that I was sure I wouldn't have any hair left by the time his mom came, I was glad I was able to help.  This weekend was Stake Conference and it was AMAZING!  On Saturday evening I was so impressed by Sister Jensen (our area Seventy's wife) and her remarks.  I will always remember not to make a big deal about a Sausage, Egg, and CHEESE McMuffin and that "Weird parents make weird kids."  I really needed to hear the words spoken and to not make a big deal about the little things and to rejoice in the moment.  Also, to save my best for my family rather than giving my best to everyone else.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family that make my life filled with joy and smiles.  When we returned from conference to pick up the boys, Eric puked ALL over me!  The poor kid has his first stomach bug, but we though it was just something he ate.  We went to Stake Conference on Sunday, but left early because Eric had a sad little face as he told me, "My tummy hurts."  We were really afraid he would throw up at Church, so we left before anything could happen.  He fell asleep in the car, but when he woke up, he was sick again.  He held down Pepto Bismal and some Ginger Ale, so hopefully this won't last too long.  As for my goal to stress less, I did okay.  I am still striving to relax and to take some time for myself.  I am hoping to attend a seminar on essential oils and order some Chinese herbs to help with the pain I have now become accustomed to as my constant companion.  I am hoping that I can find some relief, because I am amazed to realize how pain makes a person very cranky and a bit over sensitive, and I don't want to be that way towards anyone.  Wish me luck, and until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment