Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Welcome Baby Josephine

Well, it has been a while since I wrote anything on here but in my own defense, I have not been intentionally neglecting my blog, I have just been SUPER busy!

Well, as the title says, Josephine is finally here!  I was induced on Thursday, April 12th and Josephine made her arrival at 4:15 pm that day! She weighed 8 pounds and 11 ounces and is 21 1/2 inches long! It was definitely the most difficult labor I have ever had, but seeing our beautiful baby girl made up for it in the end.  She is gorgeous!  I may be a bit biased, but really, she is a very pretty baby.  She has bluish gray eyes (we will see if they stay that way, like her mommy or if they will change colors like her brother's eyes), she has a little bit of reddish brown hair, sweet fluffy cheeks, super alert and definitely looks a lot like Eric! I am completely and totally in love with her.  She has a sweet temperament so far and is pretty laid back.  She LOVES her brothers already.  She will just sit and listen to them as they talk to her and sing to her.  Alex likes to read to her and Eric makes up songs for her...it is really sweet!  She is definitely the princess!  The boys argue over who gets to pick out her clothes, who gets to hold her first, and who will go get whatever item I need at that moment.  The boys are amazing and it warms my heart to see them so loving and nurturing.  James is completely smitten by her.  I find him getting home a bit earlier from work and jumping at any opportunity to help with her and to hug and squeeze her.  I have to admit that I find myself neglecting chores to be able to just sit and snuggle her.  A friend of mine that has grown children told me about when her first daughter was born after having two boys that "You love your boys, but you feel a whole different level and kind of love for your girl."  I didn't realize what she meant until Josephine arrived, and now I completely understand.  I am so grateful that the Lord blessed us with such a little miracle, she was well worth the wait.

Only 30 minutes old!

Alex and Eric meet Josephine

Resting in the Boppy at the hospital
Hospital Portrait

Another hospital portrait

Sweet kisses from Eric
4 days old!
12 days old

No comments:

Post a Comment