Friday, April 8, 2011

A Prayer Request

I am not sure why I am putting this in a blog post, but it seemed like the place for it.  I hate being negative and full of bad news on Facebook, and I think at times when I am stressed and tired, I tend to be that way.  So, I figure if I put this on my blog, friends have a choice whether or not to read it.  So, here is what is going on, and my request to the world.

Holy Moly I am pregnant!  Yes, after I had decided I was done trying, I was just gonna get through March and then we were going to quit trying completely for a year...I am pregnant.  I went to the doctor yesterday and we had no heartbeat, but a gestational sac.  This scared the crap out of me since this is what happened in December, but I was eight weeks late.  This time I am maybe a week late ( I am not sure, I had even quit tracking my periods, I had thrown in the towel).  My doctor is confident that it is just too early, so he took some blood to test my progesterone and HCG levels and I go back in on Monday for more.  We want these tests to come back with my progesterone being over 5 (over 15 would be fabulous, but that is rare) and we want my HCG levels to continue to climb.

I have probably mentioned before that I have an AMAZING ObGyn!  He knew I was upset about the ultrasound and feeling very discouraged (I still am a bit, but trying not to be) so he told me that positive thinking and prayer is going to carry me through this.  He told me to gather my family together and to call them all to prayer.  He told us to pray for the baby to keep developing, that my body would produce the right amount of hormones to support the baby, and that I will be healthy.  So, I put this prayer request out to all of my friends and family.  I have seen mighty miracles come to pass through prayer and I have faith that Heavenly Father knows me and my heart.  I pray that you will support me in this effort as I know that I am to have more children, and that my work to bring spirits into this world is not over.  James is fasting this Sunday and I know that through our faith, prayers and fasting, we will be blessed, no matter what happens.

I have a  strong testimony of the gospel.  I know that my Heavenly Father is with me all of the time and he knows my struggles and my fears.  I know that there is strength in friendship and family and that no matter where I am, I have someone to go to.  I pray that you won't judge me, or think I am asking for pity for my situation.  I am simply asking for a prayer in behalf of me, my body, my baby, and my family.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I hope to have good news on Monday, and even better news after that.  So until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you Callie...You have really touched me with this and tears came to my eyes as I read it. Fasting and prayer DO work if it's God's will...Love, Anne Cutcher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Callie! I will definitly be praying for you!! I know how crazy this must be for you at the moment, but take a deep breath, stress isn't good for you or the baby, and leave it all in God's hands. He is aware of your situation and He loves you!! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete