Friday, May 20, 2011

Alex's Achievements!

I haven't written in a while because I have been so darn busy!  There have been a whole lot of fun things going on in our home and it has all happened in a whirlwind.  I will start with my sweet Alex's Pre-K graduation!  I cannot believe my sweet boy is moving on to Kindergarten!  He was so cute in his little cap and gown and took the whole thing very seriously.  He always takes these types of things seriously, sometimes we have to remind him to smile.  He then participated in his school's end of the year program that was super cute!  Hopefully I can figure out how to load video onto my blog soon.  Alex said that he wanted to become a firefighter, because he wanted to save the world!  He is such a sweet boy!

Pre-K Graduation 2011
That Sunday, he gave a talk in Primary about the Book of Mormon!  He did a great job and wrote most of the talk on his own.  He kept reminding me of things to write down for him to say.  He cracks me up at how well he remembers things, even the tiniest details.  He was so proud of himself and he really enjoys when we read the scriptures in the morning.  He is starting to see patterns and really understanding what is going on as I read.

On Monday Alex had his T-Ball awards ceremony and end-of-the-season party.  These kids are too funny!  I loved having Alex in T-ball this season and I am sad to see that it is already over.  My son will probably never be the 'star player" but he always tries his hardest and he is learning what it means to be on a team.  He was so proud of his trophy!  I had to tell him to put it up and quit dragging it through the house (I was afraid it was going to break).
T-Ball 2011
Athletics
I love my sweet Alex and he is such a bright kid.  I don't know how I got so lucky to be blessed with such a great boy!  I have enjoyed watching Alex grow up so much this year.  He has made goals and achieved them.  He has struggled and pressed forward.  Alex may not be the smartest, most athletic, or most anything kid, but I pray that he will continue to grow and understand that he is a child of God and that he can be anything that he puts his mind too.  I also hope that the feelings he has had this past week, the feelings of pride and independence stick with him.  I feel that personal pride and satisfaction carries a person very far.  There is no point in doing something if it doesn't make you proud of yourself.  Through Pre-K and T-ball Alex learned how to work as a team, batting, running, his letters, reading, and writing...but most of all he hs learned what it means to work hard and do your best.  I am eternally grateful for wonderful teachers and coaches that helped him along the way and loves him for who he is.

We have a busy week ahead as we get ready for our vacation, so until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment